Wednesday 3 November 2010

Trumpet Blowing Again, 3rd November 2010.

I’m writing this a bit late tonight, with very good reason. I'm sitting in here with a bottle of Coors next to the keyboard and a huge beaming smile on my face.

Tonight was the annual competition night at the Nottingham Writers Club. “Manuscript of the Year”.

And I won it!

For the second time in three years, (the only three years I’ve been a member). You should have seen some of the faces when I admitted the anonymous entry was actually mine. They were all absolutely certain it was written by a woman, just shows how you can deceive your readers completely if you set your mind to it.

Unfortunately this time, it was a tied result, meaning the two of us only get to keep the cup for six months, but hey a win is a win is a win.

Since I’m also ahead on both NANO projects this makes it a good writing day today.

Roll on tomorrow, I’m fired up and ready to strut my stuff!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats, David. All wins are BIG wins!!! And...you're kicking my butt in NaNo. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous news, well done you!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two Anns. Different! LOL
    Thanks Ann.You'll get there on NANO. You don't have to be mad like me.
    Thanks Anne. Im well made up

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was flabbergasted when the big bearded bloke sitting next to me laid claim to the winning piece of female erotica!
    Well done, Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heehee
    It might have bene hotter than some of the members were used to, but it wasn't actually erotica.I just loved the way some of the mouths opened in shock. Priceless.
    LMAO
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you sure it wasn't autobiographical?

    Great piece, though. Even if I did feel a bit uncomfortable when I found out it was you.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL.
    I have to admit I've never been woken up by a stange man in the bedroom with large black wings. Not even in my dreams. Now, in my dreams, a ravishingly beautiful svelte blonde with wings.... that would be autobiographical!

    ReplyDelete